Friday, December 3, 2010

Serious Cases of FOMO

The day before I left for my semester abroad, I had serious anxiety. I thought I would have a serious case of FOMO-- every single one of my roommates was back in State College, and I decided to go to France for five months and miss out on syllabus week, THON, State Patty's, and Blue/White... what was I thinking? Well, I was wrong. Turns out, Penn Staters pretty much flock to one-another even when they're in a foreign land, and I found myself partying just as hard overseas, only it was in cool French discotheques, Greek islands, 6-story dance clubs in Prague, or at beer factories in Ireland. Was I really missing out? No, I was just showing Europe how to party like a Penn Stater. In fact, one night Heather and I stayed out until the birds chirped and had to catch a bus to Budapest an hour later. I never did that at PSU.

So, cut the FOMO while abroad crap, because the REAL FOMO comes when you're a real person (RP). Here I am on a Friday night writing this blog to pass the time because most of my friends are either canning for THON, or going home, or visiting friends in Philly because the beloved Go Go Gadget is playing at some bar downtown. This is a real case of FOMO. So suck it up, all you abroaders. Suck. It. Up.

peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment